3rd Brain Innovation Days Pitch Competition
We are looking forward to hosting the 3rd Brain Innovation Days this year! Do you have a start-up or business plan set up for the next great brain innovation and are up for some competition? Then the Brain Innovation Days Pitch Competition is the opportunity for you! Pitch your business in no more than 180 seconds to join the running for a Jury and/or Public Prize.
In 2021, the first Brain Innovation Days Pitch Competition was held online, amassing more than 1000 audience votes. In 2022, the Pitch Competition went live in person, with 5 outstanding finalists pitching on stage in Brussels.
We want to provide the opportunity to showcase great examples of brain innovation in Europe that can create positive impact — innovations and solutions that will improve the quality of life of people with brain disorders (neurological and mental alike) and support clinicians, researchers, patients & caregivers, industry, and society as a whole.
The application process is open until 5 May 2023:
- The Pitch Competition Application process is done via Oxford Abstracts. You will need to create an account or log in via LinkedIn/Google Accounts to begin the process.
- The process to take part in the Pitch Competition will consist of 2 rounds:
- Round 1: Open, online submissions for any eligible start-ups*. Answer a few questions, submit requested supporting docs and off it goes for the Finalists Selection Phase, run by our panel of experts (scientific and business validation).
- Round 2: The Live Pitch Finale! This is where the magic happens. The 5 finalists chosen by our experts will compete live, in person at the Brain Innovation Days. Once all finalists have pitched, our panel of judges will award a first winner with the jury prize. Then, the audience will have their say, and a second winner will be awarded the public prize.
- The finalists are expected to attend the BIDays in person and present their pitch.
- Only one pitch can be submitted per company.
- One representative from each finalist company will receive a waived ticket — if you bought a ticket earlier to benefit from the Early Bird prices and can’t bring a colleague along to use it, please get in touch to explore reimbursement.
*Start-ups eligible to compete need to be focused on solutions/innovations supporting the brain community (see EBC community — researchers, clinicians, industry, patients, society) to improve the quality of life of people living with brain disorders (neurological and mental alike) and with a strong societal impact.