Do you have a start-up or business plan set up for the next great brain innovation and are up for some competition? Then the Brain Innovation Days Pitch Competition is the opportunity for you! Pitch your business in no more than 180 seconds to join the running for a Jury and/or Public Prize.
In 2021, the first Brain Innovation Days Pitch Competition was held online, amassing more than 1000 audience votes. This year, the Pitch Competition will go live in person, with the finalists pitching on stage in Brussels.
We want to provide the opportunity to showcase great examples of brain innovation in Europe that can create positive impact — innovations and solutions that will improve the quality of life of people with brain disorders (neurological and mental alike) and support clinicians, researchers, patients & caregivers, industry, and society as a whole.
- The finalists will receive a waived ticket but we encourage you to register early in order to benefit from the pre-event matchmaking platform — you may apply for reimbursement once announced as a finalist.
- All other applicants will need to register (see link here) and pay to be able to attend the Pitch Competition and Brain Innovation Days 2022.
- The finalists are expected to attend the BIDays in person and present their pitch.
- Only one pitch can be submitted per company.
- Registration for onsite participation and onsite pitch in Brussels is open from 2 June. Abstract submission will end on 30 June.
The application process consists of 3 rounds and applications must be submitted online via Oxford Abstracts.
- Round 1: Open submissions for eligible start-ups (see below). Answer a few questions, upload your slide deck and add your pitch video (180 seconds) and off you go.
- Round 2 (Live Finals): The Live Pitch Finale! This is where the magic happens. The 5 finalists chosen by our experts will compete LIVE at the Brain Innovation Days. Once all finalists have pitched, our panel of judges will choose a first winner. The public will choose the 2nd winner for the public prize.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The startup must be less than 5 years old; it can still be early stage, however, you must already have a company name and business plan.
- The startups needs to be focused on solutions/innovations supporting the brain innovation community (researchers, clinicians, industry, patients, society) to improve the quality of life of people with brain disorders (neurological and mental alike) and with a strong societal impact.
- Startups with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion are strongly invited to apply.
All information must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling.
After you start submitting your application, you can re-enter the submission link at any time to view and edit your information until you submit. Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation email containing the title of your pitch. If you do not receive this confirmation e-mail or have any other questions related to the pitch competition submission, please contact the BIDays team at email@example.com.
The jury members will be experts from the wider networks of the European Brain Council and Brain Innovation Days, with varying backgrounds in the brain space. They will review the excellence of your submission and ask questions before and during the day of the live pitch competition.
- First round of applications closes on 30 June.
- All applicants will receive notification of the results in the course of July-August 2022.
- The finalists will be announced in September 2022
- The finalists must confirm attendance by mid-September.
On the 12 October, the 5 finalists will pitch their idea LIVE on stage in 3 minutes followed by 5 minutes of Q&A.
Didn’t make it into the final round but want to showcase your work at the Brain Innovation Days anyway? We also have Poster Presentation and Innovation Showcase slots — more info available here.